In 2018, scientific and technological innovation seems to have no end. In this year, technology has achieved a huge leap, almost touching all aspects of our lives, even surpassing it, from the ground to the sky.
1. Small prototype aircraft was developed by researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in the United States, providing motivation by “ion wind”. Ion wind is an ion flow generated by the aircraft, producing sufficient thrust, pushing the aircraft, and continuously flying in the air. Stephen Barrett, an associate professor at MIT, said in a statement: “This is the first aircraft that has no motion components in the promotion system in history.”
Small prototype aircraft
In 2009, a group of engineers at the California Institute of Technology were inspired by the “Hudson River Miracle”. At that time, a plane suffered a flying bird attack shortly after taking off. All the engine failed and forced to land on the Hudson River. Now, another development that may be favorable to the aviation industry is an automatic flight drone that can safely drive the airport birds.
3. On a more specific level, Google researchers have developed an artificial intelligence application that can predict heart disease by analyzing retina images. It is concerned about retinal blood vessels, which may provide clues to cardiovascular disease. Researchers said that the accuracy rate of this application in the test reached 70%, which is roughly equivalent to blood testing.
4. Another machine learning platform was developed by a team of the University of California Davis, which can verify multimedia rumors online. This new tool is designed to use the semantic similarity of information sources to distinguish between authenticity and rumors.
5. Another technological development field called quantum computing has been promoted this year. The researchers reported the first evidence that the quantum computer will have significant advantages over traditional systems. According to research teams from the University of Munich, the University of Munich, the University of Waterloo in Canada, and IBM, scientists and engineers have been committed to the development of quantum computers in the early days, but based on such a belief that this research will eventually get returns on a higher -level computer system.
6. In the past ten years, solar energy and wind energy have made great progress, but it is still a challenge to store these energy sources during cloudy days or without wind. A group of engineers at MIT developed a renewable energy storage, which they call it “the sun in the box”. The concept system can store solar energy and wind energy, and send these energy to the power grid as needed.
7. Researchers from Cypress University of Technology, University of London, University of London, Alabama and Boston University conducted investigations on online fishing. By analyzing data on Twitter and Reddit, they can track the activities of bad guys. TheyNow, most users come from Russia and Iran, and they usually try to impersonate legal users from many countries around the world.
Finally, no matter what will happen in the future, human beings have brought human beings into the era of the next generation of technology, which indicates that scientific innovation will not turn back.